Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Panera Bread

Today's scary food came from Panera Bread. "What could possibly be scary at Panera Bread?" you might ask. Today's answer: Apple Pastry.

My idea of pastry involves chocolate croissant and nothing else. Seriously, between a cheese danish and plain white bread, I'm picking the bread. So, I bought my favorite smoothie and this very pretty pastry and took a seat. I postponed the actual eating by cutting it up first (yes, I'm that wussy) but I did eventually have to put some of it in my mouth.

Amazingly, it wasn't bad. I don't think I would order it again (apple should not be mixed with other flavors, in my humble opinion) but the crust was delightful, I enjoyed the texture of it, and I even managed to eat another bite. I finished half of the pastry and went, "Do I really need to finish this? Nope" and threw the rest out. The goal was to try and it was accomplished. I even managed to straighten up some of my tangled, twisted up feelings while out and about. All in all, a successful trip to Panera Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment