Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sandwich

What's your favorite sandwich? As you may have guessed, I like my sandwiches plain. White bread, one kind of meat or pb&j, and nothing else. I like turkey and ham. That's about it. It's a waste of money for me to go to sub shops since all the condiments are included and I don't use any. When I do go to Subway, I get weird looks from the employees because they don't understand how someone could want a foot long ham on white with American cheese on the side and nothing else. You would think they'd be like, "Sweet! Less work for me!" but they usually are too busy thinking I'm lying to them to rejoice in my simple order. So, all that being said, today's scary food was a scary sandwich. My dad came home with honey wheat bread and ham and chicken lunchmeat. I already had white bread, so ham on white became my dinner. I also concocted a half a sandwich out of said honey wheat bread and chicken. I tried very hard to get past the strangeness of chicken sliced thin and placed on a sandwich. I almost did. Almost, but not quite. The part I couldn't get past was the bread. Bread is a beautiful, delicious food that comes in many wonderful varieties. I enjoy trying new kinds of bread. Oatmeal, rosemary, challah, fried bread. I love all of those strange kinds of bread. Honey wheat bread is disgusting. It is an insult to bread to call that crap bread. Calling Wonderbread bread is a bigger insult to the bread world, but that honey wheat stuff was definately a close second on my "Worst bread ever" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment