Monday, June 14, 2010

Twix

Today, I broke out of my peaceful dessert world and tried my first scary candy. Twix is scary for a couple of reasons. The first is the cookie mixed with chocolate and caramel part. Two soft foods mixed with one crunchy one? Unappealing. The second reason is the caramel. (Car-mel? Car-a-mel?) I don't like it. It tastes yicky to me. However, I opened that wrapper and took a bite. The caramel taste wasn't noticable. I actually liked the flavor of the chocolate and caramel mixed together, but the chewiness of the caramel weirded me out. I had the texture of caramel and the taste of chocolate in my mouth and my brain didn't know what to do with it. The cookie part was the real kicker. Chewy chocolate and hard, crunchy cookie was too much for my poor mouth and that one bite was the only one I had. I was seriously tempted to spit out the little bit of the Twix in my mouth. In the future, I will stick to Three Musketeers bars and plain M&Ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment